How to make money fast in sunless sea

how to make money fast in sunless sea

This strategy guide will cover the fundamentals of the game in attempts to better explain how things works as well as better resource management for new players. The Spoiler Strategies page will contain more specific information about where to go and what to do at those locations and is aimed at helping struggling players. For future edits and contributions, please try to keep any specifics about location and action events on the Spoiler Strategies page. On the character creation page, you may choose from one of six different backgrounds. Choosing a background has a part to play in many of the Ambitions and quests throughout the game, so choose something that fits your character and the chosen play style you would like to embrace. Choosing either a Street Urchin or Natural Philospher is recommended for newer players because many challenges throughout the game use Veils or Mirrors as well as having relevance in combat, which will be explained. Choosing A Poet! Don’t panic if you chose one of the other backgrounds as it shouldn’t make or break your game, but it may make the beginning of the game more difficult.

Home Games. Sunless Sea — Beginners Guide. Easy to use guide to get you started and stay afloat in Sunless sea. What to Consider in the Beginning Taking notes! The game can sometimes be a little unclear on what to do and where to go next. Have a pen and paper ready. Explore the islands around London. Accept quests and make money or items to sell. When you have saved enough, travel further and visit new islands to get more quests. Accept all quests, even the shady ones, you will need the money and future jobs from these characters.

Account Options

When you have more money and a bigger ship. Prioritaze supplies before fuel when buying. When fuel runs out you can always use supplies to scrape together extra fuel. Always buy more than you need unless you want to get stuck in the middle of the ocean! Dont buy a larger ship until you have more than enough. The small ship will to fine for a large portion of the game. Dont rush buying a bigger one, save money, do missions and increase your skill set.

how to make money fast in sunless sea

What to Consider in the Beginning

Powered by Jitbit. Net Forum free trial version. Failbetter Games Community register lost password. Powered by Jitbit Forum 8. Spent my first thirty minutes exploing around, assuming that if I just followed the storyline paths I’d get what I needed to keep the ship afloat. Wound up without fuel and eventually food within the hour.

Officers do not count towards your crew or your expenditure of supplies. I know that there was a bug that made engine efficiency from officers work the wrong way, but I thought that had been corrected. There are also LESS pirates in the starting waters now, which makes the nerf doubly annoying. This page was last edited on 16 July , at Last edited by Lord Ragnaros ; 19 Jan, pm. So, if you have any ideas for how to make cash so newbies can start getting to the good parts of the game, such as further down story lines and such, then kindly post them in this thread please. Even at the very start of the game you can fight two of them, send them back with a skeleton crew, make the trip home and collect easy echos.

Powered by Jitbit. Net Forum free trial version. Failbetter Games Community register lost password. Powered by Jitbit Forum 8. Namely, how to get some fast. I’ve been blowing all my cash on supplies and fuel, and charging out into the black, trying to make money via port reports. So, I decided to get some help. I’ve heard that running goods gets you cash, but I don’t see. Too little profit margin. And I’ve heard of Some thing called Judgement’s egg, witch sounds nice, but I can’t find it.

Other than that, the only ways of making cash I’ve heard are shacking up with the Admiralty, and I sorta already do. And It doesn’t get me. So, if you have any ideas for how to make cash so newbies can start getting to the good parts of the game, such as further down story lines and such, then kindly post them in this thread.

Do you know how «Something Awaits You» Works? I muck about in the great black sea for a while, and when I come back to port, there’s storys waiting for me. Judgement Eggs come from a storylet on Mutton Island. It seems like a fixed distance because the trip down from Venderblight to Mutton Island always triggers it twice in about the same spots.

It’s not a super reliable way to farm. It’s unclear what affects the frequency of that storylet. It seems resistant to farming. You can eke out a living running Tomb Colonists up to Venderblight, along with selling Recent News there, and collecting for the Port Report. Killing a pirate and looting a Parabola Linen or Spider Silk can make the trip reasonably profitable.

In my last game I tended to keep a buffer of about I’d go out to Zee with 20 fuel, and usually make it back with 5 to 7 fuel left. And that would take me far enough to see most of the Gold content. But that was back when pirates could be farmed for a cool every 8 to 9 minutes or so. Now the farming is much leaner, and the good money is almost all based on the luck of drops or the storylets SAY makes available.

There’s another storylet at Port Cecil that, while tough, will get you a Live Specimen, that can get you a nice chunk of change at the University as well, among other things.

Currently at least, profit is And mostly luck-based. I hope it changes with later updates, because right now there isn’t really much you can do for profit except hope like hell you get lucky. Inky Petrel wrote: Currently at least, profit is Once you have been out to the Khanates and that whole chain of ports, the weight of Port Reports, Special Assignments and storylet rewards starts to add up. It just takes a long time currently to get to the point people feel comfortable doing it.

On Merciful. You don’t really need ship upgrades to survive out that far. All enemies can be avoided with a little ingenuity. Really all you need is 20 fuel, some supplies an idea where you’re going and, most importantly Mount Palmerston actually has the cheapest fuel in the game last I knew. But getting the right storylet or perhaps a certain box can really give you a lot of cash very quickly. It’s just so very random. That’s true. I guess I just haven’t had great luck, so it still seems very very slow.

Stupid RNG. Do you still get exp for exploring with a new character if you keep the chart of the old one? EDIT: I uh, posted this in the wrong thread.

Gonna go ahead and re-post to the feedback one Open for social actions no cats or photographers. Fhoenix wrote: Do you still get exp for exploring with a new character if you keep the chart of the old one? And since the map isn’t randomized yet, there’s no reason to inherit it.

Even at the very start of the game you can fight two of them, send them back with a skeleton crew, make the trip home and collect easy echos. What I do is generally take an Admiral’s request, go collect his strategic information and while I am on my way back I try to sink one or two pirates it’s important to do it on the way back because if you are close to London you won’t mind too much having to go at half speed, and you’ll be in less danger.

If I get 2 that’s a total of echo waiting for me in London, even accounting repairs and fuel it’s still better money that trying to trade merchandise for a 1 echo profit If anything, it seems to me that the main problem is the lack of ways to spend cash, I got a few new guns for my ship but for example my real problem is the illumination, and there’s nothing really worthwhile to buy for increasing mirrors. You’re on an old build; distressingly, pirate bounty has been reduced to But yes, that’s still the gist of it, along with picking up as many port reports as you.

Ultimately, the thing to buy is a new ship, but those are still along grind, even when making fairly decent profits. I’d argue a good engine less time spent in terror-inducing areas and easier to escape trouble and then a better weapon to kill enemies faster are more useful than a better ship as first priorities over a new ship.

If you still need help, try the IRC channel. Wait that’s odd, how am I on an old build? When I first launched the game I clicked where it says to get new stories, ever since then it says that my game is up to date At least now I understand why everybody has problems making money, it did seem rather strange XD. Content updates and patches are entirely separate systems; it’s kinda weird and confusing and you’re far from the only one to make that assumption.

You need to redownload from Humble Bundle if you want to get the latest build- the Steam version automatically updates with patches, so that’s a major point in its favour, at. Click to join via Mibbit. SunlessSea IRC channel! Like the above, but zee-ier. Freemark, it sounds like you need to download the new patch which is a different thing to the smaller updates it bought in the changes with the pirate bounty as well as a few other things.

There are also LESS pirates in the starting waters now, which makes the nerf doubly annoying. To get the new patch you need to either redownload from humblebundle, or, um, I’m not sure how it works with steam? I guess there will be a new download there? Don’t worry, your old saves make the jump so you don’t have to start. Mordaine Barimen wrote: I’d argue a good engine less time spent in terror-inducing areas and easier to escape trouble and then a better weapon to kill enemies faster are more useful than a better ship as first priorities over a new ship.

Has anyone else run into anything like this? Am I missing something? What’s the point of better engines? I can’t say that I. My engines seem to provide the same amount of distance for fuel, just faster. I know that there was a bug that made engine efficiency from officers work the wrong way, but I thought that had been corrected. I rarely get a decent Officer for that role in my games. So the Pirate Frigates of Corsair’s Forest are absolute gold mines. Not necessarily because of the loot you get although Drowning Pearls are among the drops Talk about a mid-trip refueling point.

My Mirrors are 51 and Iron But if you can open fire on them quickly, like I said, floating Echo barge.

Ranneko’s Zailing Tips 8 — Making Money (Part 1)


Home Discussions Workshop Market Broadcasts. Change language. Install Steam. Store Page.

Money / Resource Manegment

Sunless Sea Store Page. Global Achievements. Most money-making guides either are very outdated, or only give echoes profit, most of which I’ll probably blow on fuel anyways. Is there any really good way to get thousands of echoes without spending a million years grinding? Overall solid except for money. Last edited by Lord Ragnaros ; 19 Jan, pm. Showing 1 — 13 of 13 comments. Lemonhead View Profile View Posts. The best way to make money fast is by trading Sunlight.

Comments