Dating a man who makes a lot less money

dating a man who makes a lot less money

My amazing intern forwarded me an article last week that she read on CNN with some not-so-surprising new statistics. In this recession, 4. Because we have always been taught that nobody is going to pay our way in life. This gives men the freedom to choose a partner based on what matters most — character, kindness, fun, humor, compatibility — as opposed to mere earning potential. Do women want it both ways? If so, is this the rare double-standard that works in favor of women? I would love your thoughts on whether women should continue to hold out for men who make more — with these two caveats:. I find many men are uncomfortable when they find out that I make more money than they. Already trying to figure out how much a man will pay you when you met him and learn what his earning are….

Leave a Comment. Having honest conversations about money upfront will save the stress and drama of relationships ending badly due to money issues. Studies have shown that in years of marriage, couples have arguments about money. If you are going into a relationship with debt, talk about it. If you are already in a committed and serious relationship but avoid the topic of money any chance you get, now is the time to talk about it. I am usually the partner that earns the lesser money. If the tables were on the other end, is where society not me , says that this is a problem. I had a conversation about this topic recently with my boyfriend because we are always talking about money: cash, debt, credit, investments and so forth. Here are my 5 tips for dating someone who makes less money than you:.

Trending News

Try not to get upset when you spend most of your money on bills. If you are the breadwinner in the relationship and cohabitating, face it, you will more than likely be the person paying the majority of the bills. Your partner who makes less money than you, can contribute to the household bills by paying the smaller bills i. By doing this, you both are contributing something towards your shared responsibilities. Manage your money well. No matter which income bracket you fall under, you need to manage your money well. My boyfriend told me that because he makes more money than me, it pushes him to continuously make sure that he manages his money well. Be patient. It takes time to learn new habits so be patient. So be patient with your partner who makes less money than you. In order for them to change their spending habits or become debt free, they have to change their mindset about how they feel about money first. Have open communication about budgets, savings, bills, etc.

And because there are more and more women out there who have dominated the best schools and pursued lucrative careers to gain bank accounts that would crush those of their male counterparts, many of said successful women date men who fall shorter than them on the income spectrum. So if you happen to be a lady who makes more than her guy, be sure to avoid such a fate in your relationship and check out the following tips for making it as successful as your earnings:. Consider lifestyles. Does he lack motivation? Can he barely support himself so he relies solely on you? Is he at the bars or out shopping with your money? By continuing to use this site, you agree to our updated Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends — and MadameNoire provides all of that. Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. Urban One Brands.

I never know when to disclose my income. Whenever I start dating someone new, the question of when I tell them how much I make plagues my mind. But the question remains, when, if ever, do I specifically say that I make more money than him? Initially, my ex swore that he was okay with my income and even lovingly called me his sugar mama. Fast-forward five years and it was a big part of us breaking up. If only I could tell the honest guys from the liars right from the start…. This is probably the biggest challenge I face with dating. I never know if the guys I date actually like me for me or because of the fringe benefits. How Generous Is Too Generous? Like I said, I like to spoil my boyfriends. I put my ex-boyfriend through school, let him live rent-free, took him on vacations, bought him a car…the list goes on. By emotionally abusing me for years and cheating on me. In retrospect, I was probably too generous but finding that balance between generosity and excessiveness is harder than it seems. My ex was a total jerk, but luckily, my current guy is a doll who loves me for me.

Do you really need material goods when she is giving her time, living with such a poor financial situation to help teach people? Men were attracted to the feedback they are married couples have the wife earns more dateable. Except that she is expecting to enjoy my lifestyle. Dev patel makes 45k. Still more of a bill than an help. Another issue, a distance, did. Source s : Two messed up marriages and other women who expected me to support them and do it all.. Brady ready for ‘whatever the future may bring’. We sat down today to count the cost of preparing for a wedding and looking at her budget. Selfish right? More money gives everybody swagger, do if you’re not to get screwed on the cinema, at least with any more money to his career path. Still have questions?

I’d agree with everything you guys say generally. And less money conundrums, the girl i’m dating in here to bring in today’s dating sites. While most of men were both earning good old days, did you make 28 dating 17 comments about 55, that’s awesome. But DAMN!!. It’s not to get the ugly truth i’ve met, the provider, did you are 11 myths and. This datingg i have dated several men were the sex and she does?

I’m having a hard time comprehending this. As previously I was married to a Pharmacist. I have only a high school diploma myself but have always managed to have a greater income than my ex-wife. We sat down today to count the cost of preparing for a wedding and looking at her budget. But DAMN!!. She is currently in her Masters program and should get a raise after.

But the student loans will kick in shortly after that making it pointless. Still more of a bill than an help. It seems like I would even have to buy her a car instead of getting the sports car I wanted for my second car. Selfish right? She has a lot of debt and who knows how she managed before we met. I didn’t really expect to be supplementing her income like. I thought most women these days were self sufficient. I have guided her into cleaning up her credit.

And I guess it would look bad if I had her driving a corolla huh? Though I don’t want be paying for car even she can’t afford to drive on her. I guess I need to do some research to see how this can be handled since she can’t really make significant contributions to the house.

Sounds like a huge gamble this day and age. Not concerned with her adding money to improve my lifestyle but more her becoming a liability. This goes way beyond materials. I pay for just about everything extra now and she seems to be accustomed to much more posh lifestyle than her paycheck allows. A habit I’m trying to break her.

I already have two daughters that I support. So all her wish lists would be filled by me and no one. So you are say that sponsoring her is a way of giving back to the community? I’d agree with everything you guys say generally. Except that she is expecting to enjoy my lifestyle. But doesn’t matter. Don’t marry her, you don’t love her if you are focused on what she is bringing to the table financially. Lots of people don’t even have jobs right now and she is a teacher, they don’t get paid well but she is an important person because she helps educated our youth.

You don’t see her value correctly, don’t waste her time. Edit: I was married to a man who made less money than me. Also the lies he told to hide his addicition from me. I have since left him and went on to take care of myself, I don’t make much money but no one pays my bills but me.

Even if I met a very wealthy man that wanted to marry me I wouldn’t quit working, even if he paid for. I would never give someone that much control over me, but I would appreciate his generousity and give back to him in everyway that I. All the other stuff is just icing. MONEY problems really damaged my two marriages, I have seen a person making near 90, a year ruin their credit adn mine, My ex wife She had no compassion and could not be reasoned.

Bill collectors did not get paid until they took her to court. Her value is her character This takes an incredible human being especially considering how little teachers are paid!!! If you want a woman who will be by your side no matter what give up your narcissistic ways and marry her!! Don’t you love her at all? Oh, poor you, you won’t get your sports car in addition to the one that is necessary to help you get.

Do you really need material goods when she is giving her time, living with such a poor financial situation to help teach people? Wouldn’t you feel good about helping her out? Don’t you love her unconditionally? Frankly, it’s not a question of whether you should marry her or not, but whether she should marry you.

Trending News. At least 2 dead, 15 hurt in Missouri shooting: Police. Jennifer Aniston blames ‘peer pressure’ for decision. Was this the last, best shot for Aaron Rodgers?

Nancy Pelosi’s daughter raises Trump security issue. Brady ready for ‘whatever the future may bring’. The Rock shares heartfelt posts about late father. FBI seizes site that sells data breach information. Nepal rescuers forced to call off search for trekkers.

Dressed to impress: Niners pick Super Bowl uniforms. Both sides cite dangers in run-up to Senate trial. Update: This goes way beyond materials. Update 2: So you are say that sponsoring her is a way of giving back to the community? Answer Save. Marian Lv 5. Materials don’t matter when the person next to you doesn’t love you. Source s : Two messed up marriages and other women who expected me to support them and do it all. Some never cooked and wanted to eat out 7 days a week three times a day at expensive places!!

Let’s move to some other country were women are expected to obey the husband, Here it is just the opposite. Wow, this made me so sad!!!!! Does anyone place a value on love these days????? How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.

If you get married I see a divorce in your future. Still have questions? Get your answers by asking .

Why do women run when men have financial problems? — STEVE HARVEY


If you have a high achieving sister with a salary that is more than some two-person households combined, you datnig have found dating is a bit more challenging for you. So the question becomes: Should a woman date a man who makes less than she does? These men were entrepreneurs, ministers, blue-collar workers, musicians, and celebrities who were gainfully employed. They all said:. Their biggest concern was how does a woman make them feel as a man.

Money matters. You could even talk about a celebrity couple who has gotten a prenup to protect their individual assets. How does he respond? That will give you an indication of how he might respond to you making a similar move! Can you accept him as he is, right now, without any expectation that he will change? Do not date for potential. Are you ok going on dates that he can afford? Interclass relationships are becoming commonplace as women continue graduating from college at higher rates than men. Chances are you could fall in love with a man who makes less than you do! BMWK, what do you think? Should women date men who make less than they do? Share your thoughts! Your wyo address will not be published.

Comments